Friday 10 August 2018

Breaks at 4 ft? Mous Limitless Review - iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 Cases

Get Free Iphone Here: more relevant? my 4 ft drop or the 45 ft crane drop? The Mous Limitless has the potential to be a great case...it has a few kinks that need to be worked out.

Like what I do? Support me on Patreon: 10 Slim iPhone 7 cases: Case Comparison Tool: me choose what to review next: I’m going to do a preview of the Mous Limitless case. Mous has been sending me prototypes to try and well, I think the results might be surprising when it comes to how tough the case actually is.

Now the premise of the Mous Limitless is simple. Mous wants to make the toughest, best looking iPhone case out there. This is no small small feat and I think they’re going to do it.

For my Mous Limitless Review, the potential score, based on everything they’re saying is suppose to be 4.2 but based on the prototypes they’ve sent me, the score is about 3.9 which means it’s better than average case but doesn’t make the Top 10.

For design, the Mous Limitless is quite thin as it only adds 1.6 mm to the thickness of the iPhone 7. The width of the case is quite average as it will add about 6 mm’s to the iPhone 7. The fit of the case is actually quite nice. I’ve seen three iterations of their prototypes and each iteration fits better than the previous ones. For example, here’s a generation 1 prototype with the backing sticking out and the generation 3 prototype with a flush back. Mous has even taken into account the slickness of the back as the edge of the case keeps the wooden back of a flat surface.

When I say Mous is trying to make the toughest, best looking iPhone case out there, I mean it. The first batch of Mous’s will have either a wooden, marble or carbon fibre back. Other cases that have such fancy materials are usually not very functional and only look nice. Not the Mous Limitless, you’re getting a theoretically tough case, that looks great. I showed the case to a female office mate and the first thing she said was “that’s a nice looking case”.

Mous is trying to do a lot of great things with the case as each Limitless comes with a metal back which allows them to come up with mounting accessories that help you get a little bit more out of your device.

The functionality of the iPhone in the case is quite average. The iPhone in the prototypes didn’t handle as well as I hoped but the cases were prototypes so hopefully the actual models are better. Mous was saying they were in the tooling process of making the buttons fit a bit better with each iteration. The edges of the case started off quite slick but have gotten better over the iterations.

The Mous Limitless will fit both the iPhone 6s and iPhone 7. Urban Armor Gear makes cases with a similar feature but they have a brutal cutout at the bottom whereas Mous decided to solve that issue elegantly rather than drilling another hole in their case like UAG does.

When it comes to protection, the green band that you see in the case is a material called AiroShock. Basically it’s a special material that’s filled with tiny air pockets that compress together during impacts. It sounds pretty fancy but Gear4 describes their D30 material with floating molecules that lock on shock so I guess that’s how you make a really shock absorbant material? Tiny molecules or air pockets suspended in petroleum product?

Mous contacted me and said that the third version of the prototype was good enough to be beat up a bit so I decided to drop it in the same place that I’ve been dropping all my iPhones lately. In front of my house. So it was odd that a 4ft drop resulted in a busted iPhone screen. Especially considering that their marketing fluff includes a 45 ft crane drop.

Now I’m a pretty apologetic person. When something goes wrong, I automatically assumed that it was my fault. So part of me thought that there was a piece of debris on the sidewalk that broke the screen so I went to my garage, swept off a spot and dropped my iPhone 6s from 4ft. It passed. Then I decided to go a little higher at 6 ft. Busted screen. Which is a far cry from 45 ft.

That was three weeks ago. I haven't heard much from Mous since...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to stay in the loop! We release 2-3 videos a week so there's going to be something new every week. We're all about helping you get the most out of iOS so click Subscribe!

WEBSITE: +: Limitless

No comments:

Post a Comment